American-Style India Pale Ale - All Grain
An cross between an American IPA and a Begian IPA. The hops that we know and love with the funk from Europe.
- 12 lbs (5.44 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Crystal 40 (40 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Columbus Pellet 12.9% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Citra Pellet 13.9% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Citra Pellet 13.9% AA (Boil - 5 mins)
- Belgian Saison Yeast (Wyeast 3724) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 152 °F (67 °C) for 90 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 45 °F (7 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by April 16, 2014. Start brewing this recipe.