Not a huge fan of light wheat beers so I'm making this dark wheat beer with some spicy yeast and hops. Bold enough for my tastes but light enough to enjoy on a warm spring day.
- 6 lbs (2.72 kg) Munich Malt (9 °L)
- 4 lbs (1.81 kg) German Pilsner 2-Row (2 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Crystal 40 (40 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Hallertauer Pellet 4.4% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- Weihenstephan Weizen Yeast (Wyeast 3068) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 152 °F (67 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops at the start of the boil then irish moss with 15 mins remaining.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming. Allow at least 2 weeks to carbonate.
Hold in primary fermentor for 21 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by May 24, 2015. Start brewing this recipe.