- Original recipe submitted by: BrewedByUs
- Original recipe submitted on: Mar 06, 2012
- Revised on: Mar 06, 2012
- Comment: New recipe created.
English IPA Extract Template
English-Style India Pale Ale - Extract
This recipe is a base template for the English-Style India Pale Ale style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Amber Liquid Malt Extract (10 °L)
- 5 lbs (2.27 kg) Amber Dry Malt Extract (10 °L)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Kent Golding 5.5% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Kent Golding 5.5% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- 1.5 oz (42.52 g) Admiral 14.75% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- London Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1028) (Liquid)
Add mix dry extract with 3 gallons of water and bring to a boil.
Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Add liquid extract with 15 mins left in the boil.
Cool and transfer to primary fermentor. Top off with cold water to the 5 gallon mark. Shake to mix and aerate then pitch the yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.