- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Irish Red All-Grain Template
Irish-Style Red Ale - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the Irish-Style Red Ale style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 6 lbs (2.72 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Crystal 60 (60 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) East Kent Golding 5.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) East Kent Golding 5.5% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- Irish Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1084) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 154 °F (68 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 67 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Nov. 18, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.