- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Ordinary Bitter Extract Template
Ordinary Bitter - Extract
This recipe is a base template for the Ordinary Bitter style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Amber Dry Malt Extract (10 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Amber Liquid Malt Extract (10 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 0.75 oz (21.26 g) Brewer's Gold 9.2% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.25 oz (7.09 g) Brewer's Gold 9.2% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- English Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP002) (Liquid)
Add mix dry extract with 3 gallons of water and bring to a boil.
Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Add liquid extract with 15 mins left in the boil.
Cool and transfer to primary fermentor. Top off with cold water to the 5 gallon mark. Shake to mix and aerate then pitch the yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 67 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Sept. 18, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.