Scotch Ale All-Grain Template
Scotch Ale - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the Scotch Ale style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 10 lbs (4.54 kg) Maris Otter (3 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Crystal 60 (60 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Brown Malt (65 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Brewer's Gold 9.2% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- Scottish Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1728) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 153 °F (67 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
The final 4 oz of corn sugar are used for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 65 °F (18 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 28 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.