- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Scotch Ale All-Grain Template
Scotch Ale - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the Scotch Ale style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 10 lbs (4.54 kg) Maris Otter (3 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Crystal 60 (60 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Brown Malt (65 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Brewer's Gold 9.2% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- Scottish Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1728) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 153 °F (67 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
The final 4 oz of corn sugar are used for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 65 °F (18 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 28 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by June 15, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.