Belgian Dubbel All-Grain Template
Belgian-Style Dubbel - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the Belgian-Style Dubbel style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 6 lbs (2.72 kg) Belgian Pilsner 2-Row (2 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Belgian Biscuit Malt (23.75 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) CaraMunich (56 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Special B (180 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Amber Candi Sugar (75 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Hallertauer 4.4% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Hallertauer 4.4% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- Belgian Abbey Yeast II (Wyeast 1762) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 150 °F (66 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops at times indicated. Add candi sugar with 15 mins left in the boil. Cool and pitch yeast.
Hold in primary fermentor for 10 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 11 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Jan. 20, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.