- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
American Amber Lager All-Grain Template
American-Style Amber Lager - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the American-Style Amber Lager style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 5.75 lbs (2.61 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) Crystal 20 (20 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Saazer 4.7% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Saazer 4.7% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- American Lager Yeast (Wyeast 2035) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 153 °F (67 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 53 °F (12 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 45 °F (7 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Jan. 8, 2016. Start brewing this recipe.