- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
GB's Super Bowl 46 American IPA All-Grain
American-Style India Pale Ale - All Grain
This recipe is a modification of a base template for an American-Style India Pale Ale (IPA) style.
I used Brewsmith to tweak the recipe and will be brewing this on Sunday February 5, 2012 while getting "ready" for the big game.....
- 7 lbs (3.18 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Crystal 20 (20 °L)
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) 6-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Centennial Pellet 8.7% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Centennial Pellet 8.7% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade Pellet 6% AA (Boil - 5 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade Pellet 6% AA (Dry Hop)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Centennial Pellet 10% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- 7 gal (26.5 L) Deer Park Spring Water (Mash)
- American Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1056) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 152 °F (67 °C) for 75 minutes.
Water ratio 1.25 quart per pound (12 pounds=15 quarts/4=3.5 gallon initial strike)
Strike water to 161 - add 3 gallons to mash tun
Add grains, check temp in tun adjust temp to 152 using remaining 1/2 gallon of water
Single infusion mash at 152 for 75 minutes
Mash-out with 1 gallon at 170 then recirculate until clean.
Batch sparge as needed to achieve 6 gallon Wort
Add hops and Irish moss at times indicated.
Cool to 75 & whirlpool - let rest covered 10 minutes
Transfer to primary, aerate and pitch yeast.
After primary is complete, transfer to secondary, dry hop in secondary
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Jan. 16, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.