- Original recipe submitted by: Muddy
- Original recipe submitted on: Feb 01, 2012
- Revised on: Feb 01, 2012
- Comment: New recipe created.
American-Style India Pale Ale - Extract
Fairly standard, generic IPA. Hops to be determined by whatever is in my fridge.
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Victory Malt (28 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Crystal 40 (40 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 6.6 lbs (2.99 kg) Light Liquid Malt Extract (4 °L)
- Safale US-05 (Dry)
Steep specialty grains and FWH hops at 155 F for 20 min. Remove and bring to boil. Add extracts and bring back up to a boil. Follow hops schedule. Dry hop? Maybe.
Hold in primary fermentor for 5 days at 67 °F (19 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 9 days at 67 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 5 days at 36 °F (2 °C).
- Name: E