- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Extra Special Bitter All-Grain Template
Extra Special Bitter - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the Extra Special Bitter style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 8 lbs (3.63 kg) English Mild (4 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Crystal 60 (60 °L)
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 0.75 oz (21.26 g) Brewer's Gold 9.2% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) East Kent Golding 5.5% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) East Kent Golding 5.5% AA (Boil - 0 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- London ESB Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1968) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 153 °F (67 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Jan. 13, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.