- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Extra Special Bitter Extract Template
Extra Special Bitter - Extract
This recipe is a base template for the Extra Special Bitter style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 3.75 lbs (1.7 kg) Amber Dry Malt Extract (10 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Amber Liquid Malt Extract (10 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 0.75 oz (21.26 g) Brewer's Gold 9.2% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) East Kent Golding 5.5% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) East Kent Golding 5.5% AA (Boil - 0 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- London ESB Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1968) (Liquid)
Add mix dry extract with 3 gallons of water and bring to a boil. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Add liquid extract with 15 mins left in the boil.
Cool and transfer to primary fermentor. Top off with cold water to the 5 gallon mark. Shake to mix and aerate then pitch the yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by March 21, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.