- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
English Brown Ale Partial Mash Template
English-Style Brown Ale - Partial Mash
This recipe is a base template for the English-Style Brown Ale style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Light Liquid Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Crystal 60 (60 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Chocolate Malt (350 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Fuggle 4.25% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- English Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP002) (Liquid)
Soak crushed grains in 2 gallons of water at 154 F for 45 mins. Top off to 3 gallons, add dry extract then bring to a boil.
Add hops at times given. Add with 15 mins left in the boil liquid extract and irish moss. Transfer to primary, top off with cool water to reach 5 gallons and pitch yeast.
The final 4 oz of corn sugar are used for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 67 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by June 28, 2016. Start brewing this recipe.