- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
English Pale Mild Ale Extract Template
English-Style Pale Mild Ale - Extract
This recipe is a base template for the English-Style Pale Mild Ale style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg) Amber Dry Malt Extract (10 °L)
- 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg) Dark Dry Malt Extract (30 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) East Kent Golding 5.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) East Kent Golding 5.5% AA (Boil - 5 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- English Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP002) (Liquid)
Add mix dry extract with 3 gallons of water and bring to a boil. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and transfer to primary fermentor. Top off with cold water to the 5 gallon mark. Shake to mix and aerate then pitch the yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 67 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Jan. 13, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.