- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Allspice Holiday Ale
American-Style Amber/Red Ale - Extract
An attempt to make a nice holiday ale with the various flavors, without having to get a ton of different ingredients. Allspice has the tastes of cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Putting the allspice in at the end of the boil will hopefully merge all the flavors together for a nice beer.
- 4 lbs (1.81 kg) Light Liquid Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Honey (1 °L)
- 0.125 lbs (0.06 kg) Molasses (80 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Belgian Aromatic (22.5 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Gambrinus Honey Malt (25 °L)
- 1.5 oz (42.52 g) Fuggle Pellet 3% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Fuggle Pellet 3% AA (Boil - 10 mins)
- 2 tbsp (29.57 mL) Allspice (Boil - 5 mins)
- London Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP013) (Liquid)
Steep the specialty grains while heating the water to 170 degrees for at least 30 minutes. Bring to boil. Add hops according to the schedule. Add the allspice in the last 5-10 minutes of the boil.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Dec. 2, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.