Galaxy Extra Pale Ale - MoreBeer.com Kit
American-Style Pale Ale - Extract
extra pale kit featuring hops from the land down under...Australia! This over the top pale is a hop bomb! A classic American Pale Ale with deep aromas of passion fruit and citrus.
Estimated Original Gravity: 1.055-65
SRM (Color Range: 10-15
Estimated Alcohol Percentage: 6.0-6.5%
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) White Wheat (2 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Vienna Malt (4 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Crystal 60 (60 °L)
- 8 lbs (3.63 kg) Light Liquid Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Hallertauer Magnum Pellet 14.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Galaxy Pellet 14.9% AA (Boil - 20 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Galaxy Pellet 14.9% AA (Boil - 5 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Galaxy Pellet 14.9% AA (Boil - 1 mins)
- 2 oz (56.7 g) Galaxy Pellet 14.9% AA (Dry Hop)
- 1 Whirfloc (Boil - 5 mins)
- Dry English Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP007) (Liquid)
Steep grains as you bring the water up to 170 degrees (making sure that it takes at least 30 minutes). Bring to boil. Turn off heat, add extract, return to boil. Once boiling, add hops per the schedule. Transfer to primary. After fermentation is complete (5-7 days) add the dry hops for 5-7 days.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by July 17, 2020. Start brewing this recipe.