Sweet Stout - MoreBeer.com Kit
Sweet Stout - Extract
MoreBeer.com Sweet Stout Kit
(Makes 5 gallons) A sweet stout uses lactose (milk sugar) to add a silky creamy texture to the body of the beer. This beer is rich and full of roasted flavors complimented with a sweetness from the lactose. Lactose is un-fermentable which adds a creamy body to the beer. This kit includes our dry yeast Safale US-04 but use WLP004 Irish Ale Yeast for better results.
Estimated Original Gravity:1.045-49
SRM (Color Range: 38
IBU's: 38-42 Estimated Alcohol Percentage: 4.5%
- 6 lbs (2.72 kg) Light Liquid Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Black Patent Malt (500 °L)
- 12 oz (340.19 g) Crystal 75 (75 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Milk Sugar (Lactose) (0 °L)
- 2 oz (56.7 g) Cascade Pellet 7% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 Whirfloc (Boil - 5 mins)
- Irish Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP004) (Liquid)
Steep Black Patent and Crystal 75L for at least 30 minutes while bringing water up to 170 degrees. At start of boil, add extract and lactose. Add Cascade at start of boil, boil for 60 minutes.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 65 °F (18 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Dec. 25, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.