Extra Special Bitter - MoreBeer.com Kit
Extra Special Bitter - Extract
MoreBeer.com ESB kit
(Makes 5 gallons) Big, smooth malt flavor and the mellow aroma of British Kent Golding hops. In the English draft style, with a firm hop bitterness and mellow hop flavor.
Estimated Original Gravity:1.045-49
SRM (Color Range: 11
IBU's: 39-42 Estimated Alcohol Percentage: 4.5%
- 7 lbs (3.18 kg) Light Liquid Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 8 oz (226.8 g) Crystal 40 (40 °L)
- 8 oz (226.8 g) Gambrinus Honey Malt (25 °L)
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Special Roast (50 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Northern Brewer Pellet 11.15% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Kent Golding Pellet 5.5% AA (Boil - 10 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Kent Golding Pellet 5.5% AA (Boil - 5 mins)
- 1 Whirfloc (Boil - 5 mins)
- British Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP005) (Liquid)
Steep Crystal, Honey Malt, and Special Roast for at least 30 minutes as you slowly raise the temperature of the water to 170 degrees F.
Create a 1 liter yeast starter 24 hours in advance.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 65 °F (18 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Dec. 7, 2020. Start brewing this recipe.