- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Chocolate Coffee Stout
American-Style Stout - All Grain
A coffee stout with chocolate notes, but no added cocoa.
- 1.7 lbs (0.77 kg) Maris Otter (3 °L)
- 0.3 lbs (0.14 kg) Chocolate Malt (350 °L)
- 0.1 lbs (0.05 kg) Black 2-row or BlackPrinz (500 °L)
- 6 g (0.21 oz) Willamette Pellet 8.15% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 5 g (0.18 oz) Willamette Pellet 8.15% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 30 g (1.06 oz) Cold-brewed coffee (Primary)
- Safale S-04 (Dry)
Infusion Step: Mash at 144 °F (62 °C) with 2.25 L (0.59 gallon) of water for 60 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 170 °F (77 °C)
Brew 30g Dark Roast coffee in 500ml cold water for 12 hours. This is added to the primary.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 67 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Nov. 21, 2020. Start brewing this recipe.