- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Xayna's Seventh Summer Wheat
Dark American Wheat Ale or Lager with Yeast - All Grain
A wheat beer to celebrate Xayna's seventh summer. This is the seventh wheat beer in the series, and this year it's going to be a dark one! This beer will be racked on top of the yeast from Mitch's Brew after the latter is racked to the secondary.
- 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg) White Wheat (4.5 °L)
- 5 oz (141.75 g) Midnight Wheat (550 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Dark Wheat (7.1 °L)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Yakima Cluster Pellet 7.4% AA (Boil - 70 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Yakima Cluster Pellet 7.4% AA (Boil - 20 mins)
- Safbrew WB-06 (Dry)
Infusion Step: Mash at 152 °F (67 °C) with 2.5 gal (9.46 L) of water for 120 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 170 °F (77 °C)
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 7 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Sept. 11, 2020. Start brewing this recipe.