- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
English Brown Ale All-Grain Template
English-Style Brown Ale - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the English-Style Brown Ale style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 8.5 lbs (3.86 kg) UK Pilsner 2-Row (1 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Crystal 60 (60 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Chocolate Malt (350 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Fuggle 4.25% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- English Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP002) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 154 °F (68 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 67 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by June 19, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.