- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Dry Irish Stout
Classic Irish-Style Dry Stout - All Grain
This will create a mostly classic version of the style, although I'm using a bit of chocolate malt to broaden the flavor profile.
- 3.75 lbs (1.7 kg) Maris Otter (3 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Chocolate Malt (350 °L)
- 1.25 lbs (0.57 kg) Flaked Barley (1.7 °L)
- 0.25 lbs (0.11 kg) Roasted Barley (300 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) East Kent Golding Pellet 6% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- Windsor Dry Ale Yeast (Dry)
Single Infusion (Infusion): Mash at 153 °F (67 °C) with 2.25 gal (8.52 L) of water for 120 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 170 °F (77 °C)
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 65 °F (18 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 7 days at 65 °F (18 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 65 °F (18 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Dec. 18, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.