Belgian Tripel extract
Belgian-Style Tripel - Extract
First attempt at a Tripel after sampling and enjoying many on my honeymoon in Brussels! Going to try using simple table sugar rather than the CandiSugar and using up a load of Saaz hops I have left over from a wheat beer.
- 1.5 kg (3.31 lb) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 3 kg (6.61 lb) Light Liquid Malt Extract (3.4 °L)
- 0.5 kg (1.1 lb) CaraPils (2 °L)
- 0.6 kg (1.32 lb) Table Sugar (Sucrose) (1 °L)
- After Boil
- 0.115 kg (0.25 lb) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1.5 oz (42.52 g) Saaz (Czech) Leaf 3% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Saaz (Czech) Leaf 3% AA (Boil - 20 mins)
- Belgian Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1214) (Dry)
Hold in primary fermentor for 10 days at 69 °F (21 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 21 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.