True Brews IPA
American-Style India Pale Ale - All Grain
From True Brews by Emma Christensen. A single hop IPA with a standard grain bill. Originally used Cascade but I wanted to try Galaxy.
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Maris Otter (3 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Crystal 20 (20 °L)
- 9 g (0.32 oz) Galaxy Pellet 16.3% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 4 g (0.14 oz) Galaxy Pellet 16.3% AA (Boil - 20 mins)
- 4 g (0.14 oz) Galaxy Pellet 16.3% AA (Boil - 1 mins)
- Safale US-05 (Dry)
Infusion Step: Mash at 152 °F (67 °C) for 60 minutes.
Used Brew In A Bag method.
For the mash:
Heat water to ~160 F then add grain. Should settle to ~152 F. Hold around that temperature for an hour and then left to rest overnight. Steeped the grain from approximately 9:45 pm to 7:30 am.
Drain grain in the morning then bring to boil. Add bittering hops at beginning, flavor at 20 minutes to go, and aroma at 1 minute to go. Cool to reasonable temperature. Transfer to fermenter, pitch yeast.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Oct. 20, 2020. Start brewing this recipe.