- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Belgian White/Wit Ale Extract Template
This recipe is a base template for the Belgian-Style White (or Wit)/Belgian-Style Wheat style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Light Liquid Malt Extract (4 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Fuggle 4.25% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Coriander Seed (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Bitter Orange Peel (Boil - 15 mins)
- Belgian Witbier Yeast (Wyeast 3944) (Liquid)
Add dry extract to 3 gallons of water then bring to a boil.
Add hops at the times indicated. Add liquid extract, coriander and orange peel with 15 mins left in the boil. Transfer to primary, top off with cool water to reach 5 gallons and pitch yeast.
Corn sugar is used for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 69 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Dec. 13, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.