- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Brown Porter - All Grain
A classic Porter style beer done by me here in Uruguay.
I use 5 different malts to give more richness and completitude to the final flavour.
The result is excellent.
- 2 kg (4.41 lb) Belgian Pilsner 2-Row (2 °L)
- 150 g (5.29 oz) Munich 20 (20 °L)
- 150 g (5.29 oz) CaraRed (20 °L)
- 200 g (7.05 oz) Caramunich II (45 °L)
- 150 g (5.29 oz) Special W (110 °L)
- 100 g (3.53 oz) Carafa I (337.5 °L)
- 8 g (0.28 oz) NUESTRO Chinook Pellet 10.8% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 5 g (0.18 oz) nuestro Fuggle Pellet 4.9% AA (Boil - 1 mins)
- Safale S-04 (Dry)
MACERADO - MASH (Infusion): Mash at 65 °C (149 °F) with 6 L (1.59 gallon) of water for 60 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 70 °C (158 °F)
Mash is done with the Malt and 6 litters of water at 65-68º C.
After 60 mins. do the iodin test.
If there is still starch at the wort, heat the wort up to 68ºC again and mash 30 mins more until the iodin test doesn't find starch.
Recirculate the wort for 20-30 minutes.
Start the sparge, using 7 litters of water at 70ºC
You should get approximately 10 litters of wort.
3 litters will remain at the grain bed.
Start the boiling.
Cool the wort up to 25ºC.
Add Ale Yeast.
After Fermentation, carbonate with 7grm of sugar per litter.
Mix & boil 200 ml of water and 140grm of sugar.
In bottles of 1 litter put 10ml of this preparation.
750cc - 7.5ml
630cc - 6.3ml
330cc - 3.3ml.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 20 °C (68 °F).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 4 days at 5 °C (41 °F).
Allow to carbonate and age for 10 days at 15 °C (59 °F).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by May 18, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.