Belgian Tripel Partial Mash Template
Belgian-Style Tripel - Partial Mash
This recipe is a base template for the Belgian-Style Tripel style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 4 lbs (1.81 kg) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Munich Liquid Malt Extract (8 °L)
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) CaraPils (2 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Clear Candi Sugar (0.5 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Hallertauer 4.4% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Saazer 4.7% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- Trappist High Gravity (Wyeast 3787) (Liquid)
Soak crushed grains in 2 gallons of water at 152 F for 30 mins. Top off to 3 gallons, add dry extract then bring to a boil.
Add hops at the times indicated. Add liquid extract and candi sugar with 15 mins left in the boil. Transfer to primary, top off with cool water to reach 5 gallons and pitch yeast.
Corn sugar is used for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 10 days at 69 °F (21 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 21 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.