New Oasis IPA for Bottle
American-Style India Pale Ale - All Grain
A nutcracker clone for Issac.
Color (EBC) 61.8
Bitterness (IBUs) 38
Original Gravity (Plato) 16
Terminal Gravity (Plato) 3.8
Alcohol (ABV) 7.8%
CO2 - Bottles 2.6 vol. (5.1 g/L)
CO2 - Kegs 2.55 vol. (5.0 g/L
A reddish-brown, full bodied beer with a rich caramel, toffee-like malt flavor and a prominent spicy hop aroma, flavor and bitterness.
Aroma Spicy, floral hops
Malt Big sweet, caramel, toasted
Hops Spicy, floral hop flavor, prominent hop bitterness
Body Medium to full
Malt: Pale Malt, Amber 50, Cara 300, Munich, Malted Wheat
Adjuncts: Brown Sugar, Dark Brown Sugar, Molasses
Hops: Magnum, Cascade, Chinook, Chinook (dry-hopping)
Then I think that I'm basically turning it into a Barleywine...
- 15 lbs (6.8 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 2 oz (56.7 g) Black Barley (500 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Light Brown Sugar (8 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Belgian Wheat (2 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Crystal 60 (60 °L)
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Calypso Leaf 15% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 grapefruit peels (Boil - 5 mins)
- Super High Gravity Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP099) (Liquid)
mas (Infusion): Mash at 155 °F (68 °C) for 60 minutes.
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 7 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by May 4, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.