- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Punkin' Chunkin' Graff
Spiced (or Speciality) Cider - Partial Mash
Graff with pumpkin pie spice. 2 parts lightly hopped wort and 3 parts apple juice. Bought a bunch of Pumpkin Spice Syrups from the clearance rack at the grocery store I work at to add in 2 steps to this one. Also had 1/2 ounce of ginger leftover that will add to the spice profile. NOTE: 3 lbs. of light DME is just to account for sugar content of apple juice. 2 lbs. table sugar is to account for sugar content of Pumpkin Spice Syrups. Can't wait to see how this one comes out!
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Munich Liquid Malt Extract (8 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Flaked Oats (1 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Crystal 120 (120 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Belgian Biscuit Malt (23.75 °L)
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Roasted Barley (300 °L)
- 8 oz (226.8 g) Special B (180 °L)
- 3 gal (11.36 L) apple juice (20 °L)
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Dark Brown Sugar (50 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Table Sugar (Sucrose) (1 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Centennial Pellet 10.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Ground Ginger (Boil - 5 mins)
- 2 MD pumpkin spice syrup bottles (Boil - 30 mins)
- 2 MD pumpkin spice syrup bottles (Boil - 10 mins)
- 1 Whirfloc (Boil - 10 mins)
- Safale US-05 (Dry)
Steep Grains (Infusion): Mash at 154 °F (68 °C) with 2 gal (7.57 L) of water for 20 minutes.
60 Min. Boil (Infusion): Mash at 300 °F (149 °C) with 1.5 gal (5.68 L) of water for 60 minutes.
Ended up adding 1/4 cup of lactose, 2 tsp Mccormick gingerbread spice blend, and 2 Tbsp vanilla extract at bottling with a little over 3/4 cup corn sugar. Rack onto mixture in bottling bucket.
Hold in primary fermentor for 21 days at 72 °F (22 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 21 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Sept. 4, 2017. Start brewing this recipe.