- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Simple Saison - LME version
Belgian-Style Table Beer - Extract
Read the name. Are you dumb?
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Crystal 20 (20 °L)
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Belgian Biscuit Malt (23.75 °L)
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Belgian Aromatic (22.5 °L)
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Acidulated Malt (3 °L)
- 6.6 lbs (2.99 kg) Extra Light Liquid Malt Extract (1 °L)
- 1.25 oz (35.44 g) East Kent Golding Pellet 7.2% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.75 oz (21.26 g) East Kent Golding Pellet 7.2% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 0.25 oz (7.09 g) Sweet Orange Peel (Boil - 5 mins)
- 1/2 tsp (2.46 mL) Coriander Seed (Boil - 5 mins)
- 1/4 tsp (1.23 mL) Grains of Paradise (Boil - 5 mins)
- Add to Secondary
- Belle Saison (Lallemand) (Dry)
Infusion Step: Mash at 155 °F (68 °C) for 20 minutes.
Steep grains in 2.5 gal water for 20 min. Remove and drain. Bring to a boil and add malt extract. When boiling again, start hops schedule. Add spices with 5-10 minutes left to boil. Cool and strain into primary fermenter and let the yeast do their job.
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 7 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by May 25, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.