- Original recipe submitted by: theforeman
- Original recipe submitted on: Jul 06, 2015
- Revised on: Jul 06, 2015
- Comment: Started adaption of "Honey Irish Red Ale"
Honey Irish Red Ale
Irish-Style Red Ale - Extract
An Irish Red Ale made from a kit sold by American Brewmaster. Added 1 lbs. of honey.
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Honey (1 °L)
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Belgian Biscuit Malt (23.75 °L)
- 8 oz (226.8 g) Crystal 40 (40 °L)
- 6.6 lbs (2.99 kg) Amber Liquid Malt Extract (10 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Fuggle Pellet 4.25% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Fuggle Pellet 4.25% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- Nottingham Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP039) (Dry)
Infusion Step: Mash at 155 °F (68 °C) for 30 minutes.
Steep grains in muslin bag for 30 minutes at 155F. Turn off heat and add liquid extracts and honey while stirring. Apply heat to boil. Add bittering hops at start of boil. Stir periodically. Add flavoring hops and irish moss with 15 minutes left of the boil.
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 10 days at 65 °F (18 °C).
- Description: An Irish Red Ale made from a kit sold by
Midwest supplies. Added 4lbs. of honey.
4lbs ( 1.81kg) Honey (1 °L)