- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Thor's Golden Strong
Belgian-Style Pale Strong Ale - All Grain
I don't fully remember Thor's Golden Strong from the wedding, but this seems pretty close.
- 14 lbs (6.35 kg) Belgian Pilsner 2-Row (2 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Belgian Wheat (2 °L)
- 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg) Table Sugar (Sucrose) (1 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Amarillo Leaf 9.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- Belgian Golden Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP570) (Liquid)
light body (Infusion): Mash at 148 °F (64 °C) with 6 gal (22.71 L) of water for 90 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 160 °F (71 °C)
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 72 °F (22 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 7 days at 40 °F (4 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 7 days at 40 °F (4 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Nov. 8, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.