- Original recipe submitted by: Hollis
- Original recipe submitted on: Aug 22, 2011
- Revised on: Oct 15, 2011
- Comment: Changed the name as the vanilla never really came through. This will take a long time conditioning in the bottle before it's superb. Still good to drink after 14 days.
Sweet Chocolate Porter
American-Style Imperial Porter - Extract
Just threw together some older stuff I had laying around. Not sure how this will turn out.
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) Dark Dry Malt Extract (30 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Light Liquid Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Dark Liquid Malt Extract (30 °L)
- 2 oz (56.7 g) Northern Brewer 11.15% AA (Boil - 35 mins)
- 1 tbsp (14.79 mL) Vanilla Flavor (Boil - 1 mins)
- 3 oz (85.05 g) Chocolate Flavor (Boil - 15 mins)
- Dry English Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP007) (Dry)
Boiled for 35 minutes
Add chocolate at 15 mins
Add vanilla right at end of boil
Ignore the hop entry, I used hopped extracts but it won't let you save the recipe without a hop.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 72 °F (22 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 71 °F (22 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).