- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Belgian-Style Pale Ale - All Grain
Saison based on Boulevard's Spring Belle Saison
Spring Belle marries the crisp, spicy flavor of a traditional farmhouse ale, with its citrusy hop notes, to the fresh floral aromas of chamomile, rose petals and elderflower.
- 7 lbs (3.18 kg) Belgian Pilsner 2-Row (2 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Belgian Wheat (2 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Calypso Leaf 16% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 2 oz (56.7 g) Dried Elderflowers (Boil - 5 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Dried Chamomile (Boil - 15 mins)
- 2.5 oz (70.87 g) Rose Petals (Primary)
- Belgian Saison I Yeast (Whitelabs WLP565) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 148 °F (64 °C) with 5 gal (18.93 L) of water for 90 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 167 °F (75 °C)
Heat 2 cups of water to 205, cut heat for 60 seconds. Add 0.5oz lavender and 2oz of rose buds/petals for 15mins. Maintain heat around 205 for 10 minutes. I then poured the liquid into a pyrex measuring cup, collecting slightly over 1cup of liquid. Pitched liquid once cooled to room temp. The fermenter perked up that night.
Hold in primary fermentor for 6 days at 72 °F (22 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 7 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by March 2, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.