- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
German Style Pilsener
German-Style Pilsener - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the American-Style Pilsener style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 7 lbs (3.18 kg) German Pilsner 2-Row (2 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) CaraPils (2 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) German Hallertau 10.4% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Tettnanger 4.4% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Tettnanger 4.4% AA (Boil - 5 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- Southern German Lager Yeast (Whitelabs WLP838) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 151 °F (66 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 52 °F (11 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 42 °F (6 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Oct. 27, 2020. Start brewing this recipe.