- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Orange Cream Wheat
Light American Wheat Ale or Lager with Yeast - All Grain
An attempt to emulate the Orange Blossom brewed by Papago Brewery in Scottsdale AZ.
EDIT: I am drinking my modified recipe now, and its good. It is tart and creamy with good body but no haze. I think next time instead of using orange peel from the brew store, I'll do orange zest from fresh oranges. Otherwise, I cant think of a way to improve it.
- 7 lbs (3.18 kg) White Wheat (2 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) 6-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Belgian Pilsner 2-Row (2 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Acid Malt (3 °L)
- 1.5 oz (42.52 g) Saaz (Czech) 3% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 2 oz (56.7 g) Sweet Orange Peel (Boil - 5 mins)
- 2 tbsp (29.57 mL) Vanilla Flavor (Primary)
- American Wheat Yeast (Wyeast 1010) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 154 °F (68 °C) for 60 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 172 °F (78 °C)
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 65 °F (18 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 65 °F (18 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by July 24, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.