- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Belgian-Style Dark Strong Ale - All Grain
I drank a quad over the holidays and really liked it. This will be my first attempt at making this style of beer. I really liked the malty sweetness of the one I drank.
- 7 lbs (3.18 kg) Belgian Pilsner 2-Row (2 °L)
- 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg) Belgian Aromatic (22.5 °L)
- 0.75 lbs (0.34 kg) Belgian Biscuit Malt (23.75 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Dark Candi Sugar (275 °L)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Saaz (Czech) Pellet 3% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Perle Pellet 10.4% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 Whirfloc (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Yeast Nutrient Powder (Boil - 15 mins)
- Trappist High Gravity (Wyeast 3787) (Liquid)
BIAB (Infusion): Mash at 152 °F (67 °C) with 5.5 gal (20.82 L) of water for 90 minutes.
This will be a BIAB beer.
Mash for 90 minutes@152* F
Boil for 90 minutes following hop schedule above.
Hold in primary fermentor for 10 days at 69 °F (21 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 28 days at 69 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 69 °F (21 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Oct. 8, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.