- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Light American Wheat Ale or Lager with Yeast - All Grain
This is a Bell's Oberon clone that does well with Wyeast yeast put really need a starter cultured from some Oberon if you have it. Very good hoppy wheat beer.
- 4.5 lbs (2.04 kg) White Wheat (2 °L)
- 7 lbs (3.18 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) CaraPils (2 °L)
- 1.5 oz (42.52 g) Saaz (Czech) Pellet 3% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Saaz (Czech) Pellet 3% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade Pellet 7% AA (Dry Hop)
- American Wheat Yeast (Wyeast 1010) (Liquid)
start with 3 1/4 gal at 143 F and rest mash at 133 F for 15 min. (Temperature): Mash at 133 °F (56 °C) for 15 minutes.
Then remove 12-14 pints bring to boil and return to mash. (Decoction): Mash at 212 °F (100 °C) for 5 minutes.
stir ever 15 min (Temperature): Mash at 155 °F (68 °C) for 60 minutes.
mash out (Infusion): Mash at 170 °F (77 °C) for 60 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 170 °F (77 °C)
let sit in secondary for 4-5 days till most of fermentation is done then dry hop. for 10 days.
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 71 °F (22 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 71 °F (22 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 7 days at 72 °F (22 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by March 17, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.