- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Belgian-Style Flanders Oud Bruin or Oud Red Ales - All Grain
Trying to use the stuff I got from the berries as a souring agent.
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Belgian Pilsner 2-Row (2 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Special B (180 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Black Barley (450 °L)
- 2 g (0.07 oz) Belma Pellet 11.6% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 2 oz (56.7 g) Belma Pellet 11.6% AA (Boil - 0 mins)
- Belgian Saison II Yeast (Whitelabs WLP566) (Liquid)
- Home caught sour stuff (Culture)
My mash (Infusion): Mash at 150 °F (66 °C) with 1 gal (3.79 L) of water for 60 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 160 °F (71 °C)
Guess and check
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 73 °F (23 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by July 30, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.