Belgian Dubbel Partial Mash Template
Belgian-Style Dubbel - Partial Mash
This recipe is a base template for the Belgian-Style Dubbel style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 4 lbs (1.81 kg) Amber Dry Malt Extract (10 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Amber Liquid Malt Extract (10 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Special B (180 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) CaraMunich (56 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Amber Candi Sugar (75 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Hallertauer 4.4% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Hallertauer 4.4% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- Belgian Abbey Yeast II (Wyeast 1762) (Liquid)
Soak crushed grains in 2 gallons of water at 150 F for 30 mins. Add dry extract then bring to a boil.
Add hops at times given. Add liquid extract and candi sugar with 15 mins left in the boil. Transfer to primary, top off with cool water to reach 5 gallons and pitch yeast.
Corn sugar is used for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 10 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 11 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.