- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Ultra Liberty Summer Saison
Belgian-Style Table Beer - Extract
A summer saison, recipe a work in progress
- 4 lbs (1.81 kg) Pilsen Dry Malt Extract (2 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Munich 20 (20 °L)
- 0.125 lbs (0.06 kg) Black Patent Malt (500 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Table Sugar (Sucrose) (1 °L)
- After Boil
- 5 oz (141.75 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (1 °L)
- 1.75 oz (49.61 g) Liberty Pellet 5% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Ultra Pellet 4% AA (Boil - 5 mins)
- French Saison - Wyeast 3711 (Dry)
Heat 3 gallons of water to 160
Steep grains in a bag at 160 for 15 minutes
Remove grains and raise to boil
Once at boil add LME and boil for 90 minutes
After LME is stirred in add hops per the schedule
After boil, cool and pitch yeast. Let ferment for 1 week, rack to secondary for an additional 10 days or bottle with 5 oz of sugar per 5 gallons
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 80 °F (27 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 10 days at 72 °F (22 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 72 °F (22 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by May 25, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.