- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Honey Brown #2
Specialty Honey Lager or Ale - Partial Mash
- 5 lbs (2.27 kg) Light Liquid Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Brown Malt (65 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Special B (180 °L)
- 1.75 lbs (0.79 kg) Honey (1 °L)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Tettnanger Pellet 4.4% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Chinook Pellet 14.6% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Palisade Pellet 7.8% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- British Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1098) (Liquid)
Soak crushed grains in 2 gallons of water at 150 F for 30 mins. Add dry extract, top off to 3 gallons and bring to a boil.
Add hops as indicated. Add liquid extract, 1.5 pounds of honey and irish moss with 15 mins left in the boil. Transfer to primary, top off with cool water to reach 5 gallons and pitch yeast.
The last 4 oz (0.25 lbs) of honey is for priming. Mix with 2 cups of warm water and stir into the beer just prior to bottling.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 69 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by June 27, 2020. Start brewing this recipe.