Single Hop Amarillo IPA
American-Style India Pale Ale - Extract
A simple extract IPA highlighting the flavors of the Amarillo hop.
- 4.5 lbs (2.04 kg) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Amber Liquid Malt Extract (10 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Amarillo 9.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Amarillo 9.5% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Amarillo 9.5% AA (Boil - 0 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- American Ale Yeast II (Wyeast 1272) (Liquid)
Add mix dry extract with 3 gallons of water and bring to a boil. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and transfer to primary fermentor. Top off with cold water to the 5 gallon mark. Shake to mix and aerate then pitch the yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 21 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by July 10, 2020. Start brewing this recipe.