- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Bacon Bourbon Brown
English-Style Brown Ale - All Grain
Check out this website for info on how we home roasted our grains.
Easily make Bacon Bourbon:
- 7 lbs (3.18 kg) Maris Otter (4.5 °L)
- 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg) Home roasted Amber (35 °L)
- 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg) Home roasted Brown (175 °L)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Mt. Hood Pellet 5.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Fuggle Pellet 4.5% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- 24 fl oz (fluid ounce) (709.76 mL) Bacon Bourbon (Bottling)
- British Ale Yeast II (Wyeast 1335) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 155 °F (68 °C) with 4 gal (15.14 L) of water for 60 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 160 °F (71 °C)
Yeast starter used.
Sparge with 5 gals.
24 oz of bacon bourbon is 3 cups
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 69 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 40 °F (4 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Dec. 11, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.