- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Home Roasted Brown #2
English-Style Brown Ale - All Grain
Check out this website for info on how we home roasted our grains.
- 7 lbs (3.18 kg) Maris Otter (4.5 °L)
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) Home roasted Amber (35 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Home roasted Brown (175 °L)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Mt. Hood Pellet 5.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Fuggle Pellet 4.5% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- British Ale Yeast II (Wyeast 1335) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 155 °F (68 °C) with 4 gal (15.14 L) of water for 60 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 160 °F (71 °C)
Yeast starter used.
Sparge with 5 gals.
DH batch = OG 1.064 because of extra pound of Maris Otter.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 69 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 40 °F (4 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Oct. 19, 2020. Start brewing this recipe.