- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Belgian Tripel extract
Belgian-Style Tripel - Extract
First attempt at a Tripel after sampling and enjoying many on my honeymoon in Brussels! Going to try using simple table sugar rather than the CandiSugar and using up a load of Saaz hops I have left over from a wheat beer.
- 1.5 kg (3.31 lb) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 3 kg (6.61 lb) Light Liquid Malt Extract (3.4 °L)
- 0.5 kg (1.1 lb) CaraPils (2 °L)
- 0.6 kg (1.32 lb) Table Sugar (Sucrose) (1 °L)
- After Boil
- 0.115 kg (0.25 lb) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1.5 oz (42.52 g) Saaz (Czech) Leaf 3% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Saaz (Czech) Leaf 3% AA (Boil - 20 mins)
- Belgian Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1214) (Dry)
Hold in primary fermentor for 10 days at 69 °F (21 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 21 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Dec. 30, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.