South German-Style Hefeweizen/Hefeweissbier - All Grain
A simple, light, Hefeweizen. This adaptation uses a different wheat as the main grain
- 7 lbs (3.18 kg) German Wheat (2 °L)
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Belgian Pilsner 2-Row (2 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Crystal Pellet 4.6% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- Weihenstephan Weizen Yeast (Wyeast 3068) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 154 °F (68 °C) for 120 minutes.
Pretty typical brew. A longer than average mash time was used to hopefully thin out the final beer. The water to grist ratio was 1.45 lt/qt.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 73 °F (23 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 7 days at 40 °F (4 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Jan. 5, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.