- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Scotch Ale Partial Mash Template
Scotch Ale - Partial Mash
This recipe is a base template for the Scotch Ale style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 5 lbs (2.27 kg) Amber Dry Malt Extract (10 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Amber Liquid Malt Extract (10 °L)
- 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg) Crystal 60 (60 °L)
- 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg) Brown Malt (65 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1.5 oz (42.52 g) Brewer's Gold 9.2% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- Scottish Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1728) (Liquid)
Soak crushed grains in 2 gallons of water at 154 F for 45 mins. Top off to 3.5 gallons, add dry extract then bring to a boil.
Add hops and irish moss at times given. With 15 mins left in the boil add the liquid extract. Remember to stop the timer Transfer to primary, top off with cool water to reach 5 gallons and pitch yeast.
After 2 weeks, transfer to the secondary and allow to sit for another 4 weeks.
The final 4 oz of corn sugar are used for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 65 °F (18 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 28 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Feb. 10, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.