- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
American Pilsener Extract Template
American-Style Pilsener - Extract
This recipe is a base template for the American-Style Pilsener style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Saazer 4.7% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Saazer 4.7% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Saazer 4.7% AA (Boil - 5 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- Pilsen Lager Yeast (Wyeast 2007) (Liquid)
Add mix dry extract with 3 gallons of water and bring to a boil. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. With 15 mins left in the boil add the liquid extract. Cool and transfer to primary fermentor. Top off with cold water to the 5 gallon mark. Shake to mix and aerate then pitch the yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 52 °F (11 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 42 °F (6 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Nov. 22, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.